mp7 ecm..fuel coming out of bottom electric connector

tims59

Unplug the fuel pressure sensor and the 7th injector fuel pressure sensor on the fuel shutoff valve block and see if thats were the fuel is seeping in from. Usually its oil in the engine ECM connectors from oil pressure sensor, the oil level sensor or the piston cooling oil pressure sensor. I bet 75-80 % of the MP engines that are 2 years or older that come through our shop have oil in the ECM connectors. Just the nature of the beast. When under warranty, we replace the sensor and harness. At one point we had enough engine wiring harnesses to fill the bed of a pick up to the top. Took them to the copper recycler.

• Like 1

i am losing voltage to 7th injector when i activate it with v cads...injector won't turn on...i have 4.2 volts when injector is unhooked...but when hooked back up it goes to .8 volts...wiring and plug connectors are good...could the oil have seeped into ecm?

I have see just acouple of ECM's that got filled up with oil, kinda rare but it could happen. We had an older MP-8 that had low voltage to 7th injector and found that the driver side windshield was leaking water into the fuse box in the kick panel and was causing low voltage. I didnt work on this truck but I remember we changed out the fuse box and it fixed it.