Any of my fellow BMT Members near Houghton, Michigan?

tkobes43

Hi Tom, Can you pull it with you're current tractor? Do you think you maybe should be getting into a bigger trailer with a twin screw to pull it? ....just thinking, Paul

Yes i can haul it with my current tractor. I was looking at a Trailmobile but they where just WAY to heavy for a Single Axle tractor. The reason why i keep looking at tarasports is because they are a "Lighter duty" drop deck. Don't weigh as much as lets say a wabash or a trailmobile drop deck. So i can tow the tarasport and have it fully loaded and still be Under GVW with my International. Really liking this trailer. Hope someone can take a spin over there and get a better eye on it for me before i make the 18 hour long track out there to get it.

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Yes exactly. I think a tarasport will be perfect for my current tractor. And eventually down the line if i need a bigger truck and trailer then yes get a heavier duty trailer and truck. But for now this trailer will do just fine. It has a MAX gvw of 50,000 i think. So i have a lot of wiggle room. But lets say a trail mobile has a max gvw of 80,000 pounds.

Tom

I know that area my wife is from just south of there. I would be leary of the bill of sale as Michigan issues titles for large trailers. Small trailers under 2500 lbs actual weight are issued perm tags and the registration is the title. http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1585_1587---,00.html

I have had several trailers and vehicles reigersterd and titiled in Michigan, in fact I still have a trailer I bought new in 2004 with michigan perm tags on it sitting next to my pole barn. If I was you get the vin and call the Michigan DMV. I would think there is a reason the seller does not have a title, its not like its a 1960's Mack that was found on the back forty of a farm.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I know that area my wife is from just south of there. I would be leary of the bill of sale as Michigan issues titles for large trailers. Small trailers under 2500 lbs actual weight are issued perm tags and the registration is the title. http://www.michigan....1587---,00.html

I have had several trailers and vehicles reigersterd and titiled in Michigan, in fact I still have a trailer I bought new in 2004 with michigan perm tags on it sitting next to my pole barn. If I was you get the vin and call the Michigan DMV. I would think there is a reason the seller does not have a title, its not like its a 1960's Mack that was found on the back forty of a farm.

wow, Great idea! I will find out that information tomorrow. Thanks!!!

Tom

Tom I understand what your doing, i think i would go with the bigger trailer. Heres why. Loading anything over the back of that with anykind of weight it gonna bend the hell out of it with the axles that far forward. your mainly going to do vehicles and I don't think you'll have a weight problem. hell with the right tires on a spread axle you can go 40k on the spread vs 34k. And this may be an option. you can get a pin on axle for the truck to make it a tandem and I think it may be liftable. Makes you a tandem with out the drive. Downfall you may get hung up easier. If your just doing vehicles,and an occasional all terrain lift that should be alright. Just my 2 cents.

The fellow accepted my offer of 6,000 for the trailer. Now i need to finalize the sale on my Gooseneck "Should be good to go tomorrow" and then deal with this whole Bill Of Sale situation and we should be good. Now i gotta find a free weekend i can drive out there. Probably leave on a thursday night and hopefully at least get to chicago before ill need a rest.

Tom

The fellow accepted my offer of 6,000 for the trailer. Now i need to finalize the sale on my Gooseneck "Should be good to go tomorrow" and then deal with this whole Bill Of Sale situation and we should be good. Now i gotta find a free weekend i can drive out there. Probably leave on a thursday night and hopefully at least get to chicago before ill need a rest.

Tom

All i can say is good luck on that trip. Dot your I's Cross your T's and make sure the trailer is road worthy before the trek back.