The big blow

mike69mackman

Looks like the worst of sandy is gone. Power back on at my house. Got some barn damage my pool cover is gone and so is the teenagers trampoline. Called ins co to file claim expecting to be on hold for hours but in less than ten minutes my claim was filed and the ball is now rolling for repairs. Hope all of you that we're in sandys path are ok and damages are minimal . Be careful and be safe the next several days are gonna be tough as the cleanup begins. Mike

We still have no power so my iPhone is my link to the outside world. A tree fell in the backyard and took out a small section of fence. Power lines down everywhere around here. I am lucky I fired up the gas fireplace so we have heat. I will most likely lose most of my food in the fridge. It's going to be cheaper to go food shopping then get ripped off by some asshole who bought the last generator and is reselling it for triple the price.

My wife and I took a ride down to the river and the roads to the beach. WOW! The pictures of the destruction come to life when you see stuff in person. You can't even get to the barrier islands unless you have a boat. Everything is flooded out like crazy. It's going to be a long time before life is normal here at the Jersey shore. I wish I can see what they are showing on tv. I am getting pictures on Facebook but that's the only way i can get local pictures of the devistation. A friend of mine lost everything in his house in Ortley Beach. They said his best case scenario is 5' of water in the house. Worst case, no house.