door window felts/trim

was wondering if anyone has replaced the door window felts/trim that surrounds the side glass on an r-model mack. mine is a 1976 RL700L and the side glass fell into the door while hauling logs the other day and it needs new felts/trim and a new panel and regulater assembly.called watts and their not sure if regulater is right one.also not sure about felts/trim for side glass . anyone ever replaced this before?

I've replaced to my felts, i went to a local mack dealer and they gave me the kit that comes with the felt and all the clips. you have to cut it to size if i remember.

Unmistakeable Design, Unmatched Performance. Real Trucks Rattle

.........._,___

..... __/_|___|

.___/__] | |...|

|.__|____|___|___

|=(@)[___][__]==(@)(@)|

o.k. i have what appears to be window somethings in long clear plastic bags from a mack dealership. i will post pics of them tomorrow as i will be replacing the heater core and trying to repair the window regulater ( till i hear back from watts on that subject ). on the sublect of window felts. can they be removed easily if i want to paint the doors in the future?

My advice is to find a newer R model and take both door panels for parts....A late 90s R model will have a diffrent door latch than that on a 76'. Take all the old parts off and replace them with the new parts. just keep the old door latch intact. the door latch will pretty much be the only diffrence with a new vs old door panel.

Now you may want to buy a new window channel,window felt channel and the 2 wipers that screw into the door .

the felt is held in with little brass clips that have barbs. you cut the strip to length and then push into the channel the window rides in. the wipers should be installed on the door before you install the panel.

if i use the same door panel that i have i cant use the new latch assembly? or i need everything new? there is several newer r cabs at the wrecking yard but they want to sell the entire door, not part them out. thats why i went with the mack stealership for the panel. but if so, is the panel different or just the parts? also was wondering about this heater core assembly. it sets sidways in the box and im having a time trying to get it in there. i even pulled the box out of the cab and removed the squirrell cage in order to get some more working room.however the tabs on the core channels wont fit past the tab in the upper side of the box. any suggestions?