Bosch injection pump vs mack reman injection pump

dds92780

Okay here is my issue. My pump has a misfie on it where the number 6 cylinder is running colder. The truck is still getting the job done and not blowing any smoke at all. In order to get this problem fixed I have two options at this point.

First option is to get the pump taken out of the truck and have midwest injection in bolingbrook illinois rebuild it which typically takes 3 to 5 days.

Option 2 is where i have them rebuild me one of their cores and then i bring my truck in and have it installed. downtime of 1 day

Problem is that option Two doesnt even exhist because they have ZERO cores for the pump i need. they are waiting on someone to return their core and its at the point where they are just going to charge him 1500 for never bringing it back.

They seem very knowledgeable on rebuilding pumps, turning them up, installing them etc. Now at mack you can get a reman pump for a little more money but they can get me one in two days no problem. I don't know what shop rebuilds them or if they are not as good as bosch.

Does anyone have any experience with this or just some advice in general? I could really use it. Thanks

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Are you sure its a pump issue? When you say its running colder at number 6 how did you check it? Have you run it without the exhaust manifold? Or checked the port on that cylinder? Im just saying that you dont want to throw away a few thousand dollars on a fuel pump only to have the same problem when you put the new one one.

I have a mechanic that i am friends with that is coming by saturday to do a valve lash adjustment and make sure all the bridges are correct and check it from there. he is also going to research if we can just take off the line for number six and do a few twists of the nut or screw in the plungers or whatever to make it put more fuel out . worth a shot? at least the valve adjustment will be done correctly and we can take it from there though

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!