E9 Holset 4C ht60

rsb502

I went back and read a few things on E9 upgrade turbos and talked to a few people and I hear the Holset 4c ht60 and ht80 are great upgrade for an E9 with a little more fuel ht60 for med hp ht80 for big power/pulling. The question no one has been able to answer 100% for sure yet is, does it fit in the stock location, stock pedestal,staock intake/exhaust stuff or am I going to have to get some more parts together for this thing. I happen to have an HT60 within grabbing distance if its not going to be too big a pain to swap, any info is good info.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Well I guess nobody knows about the Holset, does anybody have an upgraded Turbo on an E9 that they can give me some info on?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I have an upgraded turbo on mine I got from Dale Francis it is pretty rad. But if I was going to buy another one I would get it from Antrum Diesel they are near hagerstown they are selling I think the same turbo for a lot less.

I got hat same info from another E9 owner recently, I have access to some HT60 turbos so I was trying to see if it was a vaiable swap, I read a few years back thats what they run on em in AU so I dont know I might just go with the Antrum turbo, injectors, intercooler, pump setup. I do like HP!

• Like 1

When I talked to Columbus diesel, they said to use a Hx not Ht. it spins in reverse and builds better boost. the flang is mount is different from the the stock E9 manifold. the exhaust cast elbo is an odd size o.d., so you might have to change the elbo. Mine was pitted bad, so I took 2 90deg 5" cut them lenght wise and fit them to have the same turn angle as stock cast elbo.

I know some people will take this the wrong way, So here goes! lots of people say they have this or that done to the engines/trucks, by different shops or by them selfs, but when some one asks what was done in "DETAIL" almost NEVER is there reply!?

why is that? would it be wrong to share "DETAILED" info? is it because you spent the money to do the modifaction, your ego wont let you share "DETAILED" info? we are all on BMT for the same reason! BOBO

the mounting flange was one of my concerns, I didnt think about the hx going the other way I dont know if it would have registered if I did. My cast elbow is almost toast too the flange under the clamp is getting pretty thin so Ill probably have to do the same thing with a 5" flange elbow and tight radius 90 for mine as the stockers are getting hard to find and they cost $600.