My OTHER project this past week...

Got my AC upgraded on Monday...unfortunately, that meant the gun racks I've been using to hang my hard hat, safety harness, hearing protection, etc. wasn't compatible with the new rear window. So, I got a couple pieces of flat steel & welded 'em together end to end (in order to have a long enough piece) and reinforced the weld with some short strips of narrower flat steel. Then I welded on some hooks, removed the 4 headliner retainer clips, inserted some of those plastic clips that expand when you put a screw into 'em, and used 4 screws to attach my new rear hooks (after I measured & drilled out the holes in the flat steel). Anyway, it works pretty good...keeps everything hung between the seats & off the floor, and the window opens from either side so that there's always glass behind my hanging stuff even if the windows are opened. At first, I was a little disappointed in the set-up of the sliding windows...was expecting a fixed piece of glass on each side with a center piece that slid open, and this window is 2 halves that each slide to the center. Now that I've had it a week, I'm GLAD the window works like this...especially with my hooks...otherwise, I would have had to put them to one side or the other and I would have had the same issue as I've always had with the stock coat hook....gotta slide the passenger seat forward in order to get at the stuff I had hung up there.

Anyway, some pics:

post-1673-0-07114600-1348448242_thumb.jp

post-1673-0-72882100-1348448270_thumb.jp

post-1673-0-13213000-1348448308_thumb.jp

post-1673-0-92610900-1348448334_thumb.jp

post-1673-0-53184500-1348448378_thumb.jp

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!