B42 tire swap questions

Ok so my b42 is in need of a new set of drives before I can put her on the road but the thought of having to cough up a couple grand for new tires isn't exactly that appealing. The fire department that I'm in is replacing the tires on one of our engines, it's got 11r22.5's on the drives my b has 1000x22's I don't know a whole lot about tire sizes so I'm hoping someone else out there smarter that me can tell me if these will fit my rims. Hopefully because I'd much rather give a couple hundred dollar donation for the old tires than buy new.

Do you have Budd or Dayton wheels? Either way you need new wheels. If you have Daytons you can change to 24.5 tubeless and use your hubs. If you have Budds, you can buy 22.5 wheels and use your existing hubs. Do not try to put 22.5 tires on 22 inch wheels Someone will get killed.

You should be able to find used 22.5 x 8.25 tubeless rims at a reasonable price, they used to be pretty common and you could use the tires from your departments engine.

Be aware these will not be the same overall size as your old tires, they will be smaller and will give you less road speed.

The better option would be to find a good set of used 11-24.5 tires along with a set of used 24.5 x 8.25 tubeless rims this will keep everything basically the same as original and would be much safer in the long run.

10.00-20 tube type= 11-22.5 tubeless

10.00-22 tube type= 11-24.5 tubeless

Ron

You should be able to find used 22.5 x 8.25 tubeless rims at a reasonable price, they used to be pretty common and you could use the tires from your departments engine.

Be aware these will not be the same overall size as your old tires, they will be smaller and will give you less road speed.

The better option would be to find a good set of used 11-24.5 tires along with a set of used 24.5 x 8.25 tubeless rims this will keep everything basically the same as original and would be much safer in the long run.

10.00-20 tube type= 11-22.5 tubeless

10.00-22 tube type= 11-24.5 tubeless

Ron

22.5 wheels will not fit on his hubs.

22.5 wheels will not fit on his hubs.

David

Don't mind me, call it a brain fart!!

Your absolutely right, I wasn't thinking, 22.5 rims won't fit on 22" wheels!!

I think part of the problem is our nomenclature, to me Budd or steel disk wheels mount on hubs------ open rims mount on Dayton or spoke wheels.

So I kind of confused myself---not that hard to do!

Either way you say it the only way to go is to find a set of used 11R24.5's and a set of used 24.5 x 8.25 rims.

Ron

Thanks guys this was the info I was looking for...now I know what to look for any way. Definitely want the right tires and rims no fun getting hurt that's why I want to get rid of the tires I have they're alright for around the yard but have some pretty good checking on them so I'm not real comfortable taking them down the road.

David

Don't mind me, call it a brain fart!!

Your absolutely right, I wasn't thinking, 22.5 rims won't fit on 22" wheels!!

I think part of the problem is our nomenclature, to me Budd or steel disk wheels mount on hubs------ open rims mount on Dayton or spoke wheels.

So I kind of confused myself---not that hard to do!

Either way you say it the only way to go is to find a set of used 11R24.5's and a set of used 24.5 x 8.25 rims.

Ron, I understand. I've always though of whatever part is rotating on the bearings as the hub.

Ron