Getting a new injection pump

dds92780

How long does this normally take if you take to an injection shop? They told me they still need to locate a core and then build it for me. I am considering this route because i only want my truck down for one day otherwise i can take it there and they take my pump out and then rebuild it and then put that one in. They said the pump would be anywhere between 1800 to 2600 depending on what is wrong with mine. How much can i expect to pay for a core? they told me they dont have any cores, its like waiting for a kidney i guess. Should i waste 3 days of work to just take my truck in and get it done or finish the year with a misfire?

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Midwest told me they are waiting to get a core in there so they can build one for me but also told me i should go in to get my truck diagnosed first but im pretty sure the pump is the problem. if i go in there and leave my truck it could take 3-5 days to have them rebuild mine and run it on the higher side and i dont really want to wait that long so i guess im thinking i will just wait till winter time when work slows down or usually stops.

What is the difference from a rebuilt mack pump and a midwest injection pump? They told me at midwest that they usually run their pumps on the higher side which means better response of the engine so that intrigues me and im not sure what mack offers.

Any experience with this?

• 2 weeks later...

The Mack Reman pump is built to spec, may come with a better warranty. Nice thing about the Mack Reman pump is the warranty is good all over the USA. Midwest most likely builds their own pumps, their pump guy probably calibrates the pumps to the high end of spec. I would let them diagnose the problem to be sure the pump is the problem, could be an injector, bad cam, burnt valve.... A Mack Reman pump could take a while as well, depends on availability.

They told me that they could get a mack reman in a few days and mack doesnt even build them, midwest is an authorized bosch distributor and knows their stuff which is why i want to choose them. the process is that you usually have them build you a pump off of a used core but since there is no core there still, i will have to wait to take mine in, have it diagnosed and then have my pump rebuilt from 18-2600 dollars. mack reman is 3600 and that is without labor. I just think once i have it in their shop, they will fix the problem completely