E9 air compressor

bobo

Thanks Staxx thats what we thought, but the "old" parts guy at the dealer did find the number and ordered the gasket! We installed it last nite! ran the truck for about 1/2 hour, pumped the brakes down to make it kick on and no leaks! I used a thin coat of hi-temp rtv gasket maker aswell. the gasket was found in one of the old paper parts binders, under power steering piping, which makes no sense, when the power steering pump is bolted beside it not to it! bobo

post-2423-0-34277100-1346983655_thumb.jp

Personally I prefer the no gasket approch but not the silicone. I like the Loc-tite gasket maker. Problem I have with the silicone is if you get interrupted while installing something it will harden and cause problems. The gasket maker only "cures" once it's clamped tight. Also if you do use a little too much the uncured stuf that is pushed out will not harden and plug up an oil passage like the silicone does.

The other advantage of not using the gasket is you have a metal to metal connection with no gasket to compress over time and start seeping.