Trunnion Bush Part Numbers

r600

can anyone give me part numbers for the rubber bush's to suit 34,000 pound backkend bushs,the red bush's that i have had problems with are 7 1/2 inch's but my mack parts man is telling me the rubber bushs only come in 6 5/8 and 8 1/4 ?

I'll try to call a spring shop in Chattanooga Monday. You might consider an upgrade to the later trunnion assembly's. They are a little pricey, but you don't have to change the bushings every time you turn around. Down time is a major consideration for myself. Of course it is the middle of the summer up here, and our busy season. I'll let you know what I find, James

can anyone give me part numbers for the rubber bush's to suit 34,000 pound backkend bushs,the red bush's that i have had problems with are 7 1/2 inch's but my mack parts man is telling me the rubber bushs only come in 6 5/8 and 8 1/4 ?

Just cut 3/4 inch off of the 8 1/4 inch long one! Have done that many times. terry

thanks terry,how do you cut them just in a drop saw?thanks again :SMOKIE-RT:

:mack1: It is hard to use one of them they tend to squeeze down, i mark a circle all way around with a pen. then drill about a 3/16 hole about 2 inches apart all the way around, then cut hole to hole with a hacksaw, i have done alot this way. Terry

:mack1: It is hard to use one of them they tend to squeeze down, i mark a circle all way around with a pen. then drill about a 3/16 hole about 2 inches apart all the way around, then cut hole to hole with a hacksaw, i have done alot this way. Terry

thanks again terry i will do this and let you know how i go :mack1: