E9 oil in exhaust

rsb502

I think I know what Im getting into but Ill ask anyway, I have an E9 that has some oil dripping out of the exhaust between manifold sections, appears to be coming from cyl 5 or 6. I had a friend stare at it with me and scratch his head and what we can come up with is either a stuck piston ring or the valve cover is filling with oil. The engine runs smooth at all rpms, doesnt smoke like its burning oil but I still have oil dripping from my manifold, there are no valve seals in an E9 that I know of its just a valve guide that is reamed to the proper I.D. for the valve so Im wondering if my rocker shaft or dynatard solenoid could be leakig enough oil to fill the valve cover high enough to run down the stem into the cylinder and out the exhaust, there is some oil seeping around the valve cover gasket that is just showing up so Im leaning toward a full cover, so what do the experts here think? ( I do actually plan to pull the covers Im just wondering if someone has done this already) ( Im gonna put two seal rings on the manifold when it goes back together too).

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

does your truck idle alot? our 85 e9 will seep(not drip) engine oil when where the two manifolds connect when we let it idle for long periods of time. but oil doesnt come up short on the stick. we/ve had other machines do the same from idleing.

I just bought it so far it has run a grand total of about 8 hours, I had an 84 E9 it never did this I think I am going to get osme things fixed, put some tires on it and hit the road to load the engine up if its s stuck ring it should re seal if I load it hard a time or two.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

has the truck been sittin long before you got it? ours sat for two years before we bought it then spent 6 hours idling waiting for a truck to haul it to our yard.. it had noticable blow by out the breather and also the oil seepin from from every exhaust connection. once we went over it,taged it, and ran it, its been fine ever since with alot less blow by, cant even notice it. my absolute favorite truck.

• Thanks 1