E7- 460 mack Engine No Start

kdbeen

hello we have a 98 mack ch-613 truck with a E7-460 engine. we bought at a auction as is with the engine not running, was told had a possible bad engine electronic ecu. did read the fault codes and it did have 2 codes relating to the ecu controller and one for the data link. checked for voltage and grounds at the ecu according to the wiring schematic. all looked ok there, installed a good used ecu and still no start. still have same active fault codes with the used ecu. do have 80 psi fuel pressure, cracked all fuel line one at a time at the cylinder head and had what i think is good fuel there plus some air as they had ran one fuel tank completely dry, but i believe i have gotten all air removed. no black smoke at the exhaust. sometimes it will hit a few times but by the time you let off the key it has died. and by the way it will start and run on either just fine. any suggestions will be appreciated. thank you.
banghead.gif

progress.gifclear.gifmultiquote_40b.png

Had a Navistar DT motor do something similar, happened in dead winter and we thought fuel had gelled but after thawing out in heated shop 2 days and still no start (plenty of fuel in filter) we found a bad fuse under the battery cover seperate from all other fuses, apparently it ran the high pressure injection rail was a 40A Maxi plug in. Changed that and it fired right up but since it wasn't with any other fuses took a while to find. Point is look high and low at all wiring for a small black fuse holder you might get lucky. Look in the weirdest of places, sometimes they're hard to find! Good luck!

• 7 years later...