Water Supply to Air Compressor?

More questions!

I was looking at the Tu-Flo 600 on my '70 R600 (ENDT-673C), and trying to figure out the plumbing.

The air intake is from the pressure side of the turbo, and the outlet is obvious. But, I'm not too sure about the oil and water lines.

I had read in another thread that the oil supply is actually fed into the crankshaft through a tube on the back of the drive shaft. But, I've also read that these compressors can be fed externally. And, I am not sure where the oil return is. I would assume it would have to be at the bottom of the crankcase, gravity feeding back to the engine. But, I'm not sure.

I am not even certain that there is cooling water running to the unit! If not, where are the best places to tie into the engine cooling system to provide supply and return water? Maybe tee into the fittings which supply water to the cab heater box? I don't see any plugged-off lines anywhere that look like anyone has removed any plumbing. Or, are 2 of the lines in the pics, below, water lines?

I have located 3 external lines on the compressor, but am not sure what does what. I am attaching pictures, below.

The left picture clearly shows the inlet and outlet. It also shows 2 smaller lines plumbed-in. The right picture is of the back-side (against the block), and shows a third line plumbed-in. Could 2 of these (the 2 on opposite sides of the body) be coolant lines?

Please help!

post-11199-0-56027200-1340884837_thumb.j

post-11199-0-04844800-1340884871_thumb.j

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

The air compressor is internally lubricated from the back of the auxiliary drive shaft in the engine and

drains back thru the flange where it is mounted to the block.

The coolant lines are the two #6 aeroquip lines that you show in your photos one running in the back to the block

the other running to the bottom of the water pump.

The smaller #4 aeroquip line coming from the pad on the front of the compressor goes to the air governor which

controls the cut in and cut out of the compressor.

Ron

The air compressor is internally lubricated from the back of the auxiliary drive shaft in the engine and

drains back thru the flange where it is mounted to the block.

The coolant lines are the two #6 aeroquip lines that you show in your photos one running in the back to the block

the other running to the bottom of the water pump.

The smaller #4 aeroquip line coming from the pad on the front of the compressor goes to the air governor which

controls the cut in and cut out of the compressor.

Ron

That all makes perfect sense. Thanks, Ron.

Kent

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."