power loss after cam replacement

eveready

I had a cam put in my 93 ch613 350 mack motor no electronics "thank god" when I got my truck back it had less power than it had with a worn lobe on the cam, no noise out the exhaust to indicate head damage, all fuel lines from tank forward replaced, removed air charge cooler checked for leaks and had cleaned out. has next to no boost on

intake manifold but when removing the cooler hose from intake feels like it will blow your hand away, on intake side good suction, I have talked with a couple of people but now want to through this question at the gurus. I am left with wrong cam put in, cam put in a tooth off or fuel pump out of time, thank you all for your help and have enjoyed reading through most of the pages on this forum

If you had it put in by some one then take it back. But to start with i can tell you there is many things to check. First check full throdle on the linkage and go from there and check the fuel pressure and then on to the fuel pump timing and then check the air /air cooler and piping with the piping connected to the engine with 25 psi.If the cam timing is in dought then get a shop manual and there will be a way in there telling you how to check the cam timing.On that engine you have a air line fron the intake manifold over to the top of the governor connecting to the AFC so make sure its is connected and that is on a P7100 or 8600 pump only. The amco pump will have a puff limiter on the front with a line connecting it to a reversing relay on the intake so check that line outy.

glenn akers

I took it back one time but he does not want to admit any error on his part and I am not blaming him as of yet, but feel I was over charged was orginally told 950 for parts then he billed me 1700 and another 18 for labor, when I took it back to him he said low boost on intake and started to want to replace parts not diagonase problem, since then rented my shop to a very expericend mech and have been working with him in trying to figure it out. just tired of sinking more and more money on a problem that should not exist in the first place. I love my mack it is easy to work on and pulls everything I hook it up to, would more than willing to get a shop manual but it is a slider chassis and no body can order or get parts with out having the number from the part, mack dealer is complete loss when I go in there. air line to intake has been replaced not sure what you mean by a p7100 or 8600 pump?