:SMOKIE-LFT:

Hi all;

Just wanted to let you know what's new with the EH. Due to other obligations,I haven't had much time to work on it lately,but I did get a few things done.

A few days ago I installed a CB radio,(mostly because it fell off a shelf in the shop and "reminded" me I was going to do that before I left Reno with the truck. It fit perfectly under the dash just left of the steering column. I used a magnetic mount antenna,which I placed on top of the boom of my hoist. It seems to work fine,haven't had the truck on the road since,so I don't know yet if the movement of parts of the boom will cause any static.

I cut and installed some carpet in the truck,too: ;it's not great,but it'll cut down on noise,dust and air leaks,plus whatever tools or parts I drop on the floor will no longer roll around until they fall through the E brake hole. Since the door windows are pretty much done in,I wedged the right side glass in the up position,dropped the left one into the door,and cut a removable cover from sheetmetal I can set in place to keep the weather off the seat while it's parked. On my list for upcoming tasks is to buy rebuild kits for "Wurlitzer" Chevy truck dooe window regulators and see if I can make them work on my :mack1: doors,get new windows cut and installed,and hopefully do a similar job on the windshield.

I ordered a rebuild kit for my master cylinder,picked it up and found out it was the wrong part.(at 10 minutes after closing time at the parts store.) Went in the next day and returned it,got a different one ordered,went home and started installing the HydraVac. (I still need to build one more brace for it.) Tomorrow,if I don't have to work,I'll get the rest of the parts I need to finish the brake work as I know it.

I also worked on installing a muffler (again),but will need a piece of pipe I don't have to finish that.

I discovered my front bumper tends to be hard to place in close quarters,so I cut up a stingray bicycle sissy bar and made some markers for the ends of my front bumper. They help a lot!

I scavenged a large electrical box with a lockable door and installed it crossways just behind the boom to store tow chains,oil,tiedowns,etc.

I'm negotiating a deal on a pair of big old fog lights which I'll install on the front bumper brackets.

I priced out tires-new ones at first,then used ones; :o I guess I'll have to sell something valuable or buy one per month if I ever wanna have good tires on my trucks.

Looked into getting proper mudflap brackets and hangers for my truck(s),but the best deal I'd found a few months ago,$18.00 per side has gone up to about $35.00 per side,so I'll have to pass on those for now. (I still might order some :mack1: mudflaps from Watts though. :thumb: )

I found a place I can get the universal one speed wiper motor with the arm and a 10 inch blade for about $30.00,so that's also in the works.

Before it gets cold out there I need to pull the heater and try to find a fan/motor that'll work with the stock heater.

Things are moving along,a little slowly at times(after driving my :mack1: home from Reno I'm used to "slowly" :P ),but I try to keep working on the truck,do what I can when I can.

If you have any ideas,suggestions,parts or literature you think might help,please feel free to throw 'em into the mix. Thanks to all of you who have helped by answering my questions and offering encouragement.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Got any pics of your progress? Would love to see how things are coming together.

:thumb:

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Hi Andy;

I'll try to get pictures-I'm a little camera-challenged right now,but I'll do what I can. My camera won't hold pictures reliably-half the time when I try to download my pictures to the computer there are no pictures in the camera.

Today I pulled the door panel off the left door and removed the pieces of the window,cleaned 'em up,and taped the 3 main pieces back together with clear packing tape. Then I took an old nylon dog leash and fished it up alongside the glass and attached the lower end of it to my window at the bottom,so when I pull on the leash it pulls the glass up,then I can half-hitch it around the inside door handle that doesn't do anything anyway. (I'll need to find a way to bend the whole door out at its center and push the door-jamb out before it'll open,close and latch correctly again. IDEA'S ANYONE?? :idunno: ) Since the door's kinked in the middle,the window doesn't slide very well,but at least now I can close it for bad weather and open it when it's hot.

I have the master cylinder rebuilt and installed,I installed the HydraVac,and I pulled all the bleeder screws out to make sure none were full of crud,all that's left is to bleed everything. Oh-I did a lot of re-plumbing,so I should go through and lash down all the lines and make sure nothing's gonna chafe holes in itself. I also had a park light that wouldn't light;traced that down to a bad ground. I'll run a separate ground wire from inside the headlight housing to the frame,that should cure the problem.

More to folow.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>