Caterpillar Blues!

bullhusk

I know I gonna piss some a you Cat guys off, but here I go again with these 2007 Classic's with the 475 A-Cert motors. Between injectors an rocker's an water pumps and about 3 mi to the gal!!! thank Good God I only have 4 of these junk motors!! I call my PSR guy at Foley Cat today for some help, and got There standard answer 'out of warranty sorry'!! But here's the thing that gets me pissed offf, Cat sends me out a notice that there is a problem with the rockers, and you have a 1 year window to get them fixed free of charge P&L..... only if they break within that one year period, anything after that you own!! I've alway been a Detroit an Mack guy but back in 07 Robert from Brooklyn F-Liner talked me into ordering these 4 with Cats!! one big mistake!! Look I'm not throwin Foley Cat under the buss, but it is a dam shame that Caterpillar put all of these motors on the market, knowing after a year or so that they wern't workin to good. So what does Cat DO?? They get out of the truck engine market and left us to wolves!! So now they have there own truck.. Good freakin luck to anyone who buys one of those!! So when the time comes I will repower these trucks with 515 Detroit's and get excellent product support an 6-plus mi to the gal

BULLHUSK

I got a pre Acert and love it. Actually got get this 6 MPG last week at 65 mph. That is the best this thing has ever got. I had a legal load was a military truck and was surprised esp with the speed coming out of Arkansas and unloading in Ohio. Load before that was wide,heavy, but got 5. Better then I normally am

I got a pre Acert and love it. Actually got get this 6 MPG last week at 65 mph. That is the best this thing has ever got. I had a legal load was a military truck and was surprised esp with the speed coming out of Arkansas and unloading in Ohio. Load before that was wide,heavy, but got 5. Better then I normally am

A friend of mine had one in his Classic, I think they called it there Bridge Engine? He racked up over 800,000 m or so before trading it. However after seening what I was going through with the A- Cert motors he bought a Detroit. Look I've seen Detroit go through the 00-92 years that back in the day almost put Wilson Freight an Roadway out of business; but they didn't cut an run, they came out with the Silver 92's an started to repower there customer's trucks, on the other hand Cat who has a huge customer base in the NY-NJ area, you think would stand behind these motors? And It's not just me, just talk to any of the sand haulers out on the Island and they will tell you the same thing! All there new Petes an W900's have ISX Cummins motors and the guys that don't like Cummins motors by a Freight shaker with a DD-16, I must say, that these guys buy some crazy powered trucks!! These are the guys that years back had the 1693's 3408's V8 500 Macks and the Brockway V12-71's I guess when your grossin over 120,000 plus, a 238 won't cut it LOL

BULLHUSK

The one I drove was an '06 and it had the same issues, well, with rockers anyway. Had well over 700,000 miles on it and never had a water pump or injectors put in it. Had several rockers replaced, Cat told us they had a "bad" run of rocker arms and even when they replaced one they didn't know if the new ones were good or bad. My biggest problem was the dreaded "intake valve actuator fault." It was a 475 acert, turned up to 550hp, and when it was right it was a "hawse".

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.