R Model Interiors

Group,

I've hit every dead end with Mack trying to get interior upholstery and trim pieces for my RS700L, or for that matter, any R Model cab. We've struck out specifically on the door panels, headliner and back panel.

I've "come across" the Mack engineering spec design sheets for each of these items and will be having interior panels made in black vinyl. If anyone else is interested, please let me know. We might get a better price on more than one set.

Dan Bruno

convoyduel@yahoo.com

Thats good news Dan

Are you having the late 70s style interior with the plastic headliner made or the more current mid 80s and up with the vinal headliner?

I would be intresed in both regardless. Any chance of a Bulldog embossed in the door panels???? just Wishfull thinkingLOL

Trent

The interior is from the late 80's/early 90's. The one piece plastic/cyclopac headliner from the 70's would require a molding process. I do have a one piece cyclopac headliner with the tacked on padded vinyl pads that I am using right now, but it is warped from age and a few of the mounting holes are cracked. It would be sufficient though to use as a sample for a new mold.

Dan

• 5 months later...
Group,

I've hit every dead end with Mack trying to get interior upholstery and trim pieces for my RS700L, or for that matter, any R Model cab. We've struck out specifically on the door panels, headliner and back panel.

I've "come across" the Mack engineering spec design sheets for each of these items and will be having interior panels made in black vinyl. If anyone else is interested, please let me know. We might get a better price on more than one set.

Dan Bruno

convoyduel@yahoo.com

Dan

I tried to get a hold of an interior kit for my R model. I was told that the "new" R models dont use a "Kit". The dealer parts guy at the dealer I use was real helpful and searched the "network" to see if any dealers still had these interior "kits" in their inventory. He found a Canadian dealer still had 1 !! The kit was blue / grey in color so I didn't buy it. Some upholstery dye or paint would probably do the trick. You can e mail me at www.motortransct@msn.com or call me at 203 437 0405. I'll gladly give you the guys name and number. Maybe he could help. He is excelent at locating odd parts.

Ed