:bmod1:

Hey guys;

I'm writing this from Dutch's place in Sun Valley Nevada,just a couple of miles North of Reno. A couple of days ago we brought my :mack1: here from Carson City-a death defying tow of about 45 miles. I went over with plans to get it running and driving it here,but the carb wasn't getting gas and we ran out of daylight so we came back over the following morning. I decided to just tow it over so I'd have better access to parts and tools.

The previous owner told me it wouldn't do corners on a tow bar,but it did fine in that respect; the biggest problem was that it wanted to go everywhere but straight. Anything over about 30 miles per hour the :mack1: dragged my one ton duallie all over the road. Near the hot springs coming into Reno some jackass decided to hook a U-turn in rush hour traffic right in front of us,hit a curb and stopped;I jumped on the brakes and glanced in the mirror,nobody beside me so I swung over into the left lane. Missed the idiot,even though she reversed into the lane I'd just left. Other than that and a couple of very slow ascents on the hills leaving Carson and going into Sun Valley,it went without a problem.

I'll be pulling the carb tomorrow after I go retrieve the '57 GMC 2-1/2 ton dump bed truck I rescued today. There's no room for it here so I'm parking it at another friends house. Once I have the :mack1: ready for the road,I'll try to replace the GMC's broken valve spring and get it ready to drive,and once my finances will tolerate another trip,I'll come down and get it.

While I've been working on the mechanical stuff on the :mack1: Dutch has been doing a lot of re-wiring on it. It's getting a GM fusebox,fitted into the huge voltage regulator case,which will be vacant once we install the 100 amp Delco truck alternator. Also it'll get taillights,and we've repaired all the other lights in the truck,and given it Halogen headlights. Still left to do are bleeding and adjusting the brakes,adjusting the clutch,topping off the boxes,finding a replacement wiper motor,replacing the intake hose and top radiator hoses,doing some bodywork to try to make the left door latch,and working on the windshield regulator. Then the fabrication will start-building a front bumper,the boom,a hitch plate for the rear,a bunch of misc. brackets,and an exhaust stack. We're also going to install an aux. gas tank to give me enough range to make approx 100-150 miles between gas stops. I also need to get some tow bar brackets made on the front of the one ton,so I can tow it home.

It appears all the gauges work,even the horn even tried to work-I think it's just full of dirt. I'll try to clean it up too,as I'd like all the accessories to work on it.

I decided to look for a gear driven air compressor for my :mack1: ;I've noticed a lot of the re-con's I see on eBay are set up that way-will they fit my engine,or is the application more specific?

Well,I need to get some sleep,lots to do tomorrow.

Later! :thumb:

Speed :bmod2:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Congratulations! :clap::clap:

There is one thing though...

:ttiwwop:

:bmod1:

Okay guys;

I'll try to get some pics of the project;my camera took a powder shortly after I got to Reno,but with Dutchman's help I might be able to do something for pics.

BTW-A guy here in Reno just gave me a 1957 GMC 350 Dump truck in exchange for cleaning it and a bunch of scrap off a lot downtown. It was bought new by his Dad and was used in a family owned masonry business until his Dad passed away in '92,and the truck hadn't turned a wheel since.

It has under 70,000 miles on it and has a 270 six,4 speed/2 speed axle,and a broken valve spring and 3 bad tires. Once the :mack1: is ready to travel I plan to try to get the Jimmie fixed,and will make another trip down for it later on.

I also traded a chop saw for a 1960 GMC parts truck similar to the dump truck,but with a tag axle and a V-8. Plan here is to cut it off right behind the cab,make a trailer out of the rear half,slide the front half onto the trailer,roll my '62 one ton onto the dump bed,hook the trailer to the dump truck and drive it home to Elko.

To get the :mack1: on the road I still need to find a wiper motor and a Hydra-Vac,which I think I have on the parts GMC. The wiper motor's gonna be harder to find,I might be able to get one off a Toyota Land Cruiser. I'll know about that in a day or two.

Well,better get some rest,got a lot to do tomorrow and it's supposed to snow.

Later!

Speed

:bmod2:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>