broke drag link arm

Friday i saw a superliner that broke the right side tie rod arm at the spindle.He had been running on the big road and had pulled over tro wait for another driver and then he starts to pull out and snap.It was a 82 year so laot of dump truck miles on it. Now i have started to think about mine and i also run 315 size tires which makes it more likely to happen to me. What i would like is to go to a duel steer box system.Mine is a RW613 with a 12000 lb axle. Has any one ever seen a superliner 2 with duel steering ?And if so will i have to go to a 20000 lb axle? I dont need to larger axle because i dont run that heavy on the front and dont need the added weight. What do you guys think?

glenn akers

If your gonna try the twin boxes you might as well go with the bigger axle. What I did on my Pete was put a 23k axle under it. Went to Pete gave them my vin,and the axle number. Paid them 100 or so for it to go to engineering and they came back with the exact parts. Boxes,springs,and all linkage. I am sure Mack will do the same.