My Dads' Diamond Reo

Green Dash

Great photo, I like the cab very much. Urban sprawl is an evil thing. The farm next to my Grandfathers sold and planted 48 houses and the town told my Dad that he needed to replace his barbed wire fence so no one would get hurt and my Dads reply was; " Barbed wire was put up in 1916 and isn't coming down" and it didn't.

Green Dash -very cool truck, I like the paint scheme. Look great next to my Brockway cabover at a show(when i get it done)!

Thanks. I guess that's your red and white 457 on the Brockway site? Nice truck, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Jim

Back in the mid 80's I started to sell off because I was taxes equal to the abutting homes. That changed in the mid 90's with the Save the Farm push, but by 2000 we were all limited by local enviromental laws concerning dust from plowing, water usage and fertilizing (mostly created by the city people at their summer homes). Sold most to Pindar and leased 12 and donated the house to Suffolk County Historical Society. Here is me a few winters ago with some of whats left, including Granpa Stazweski's tractor.

New London Ferry takes all trucks here is the link to fees.

https://www.longisla...aspx?page=fares

Paul

46nme.jpg

That's a nice old tractor.

Those folks who didn't want to live near an active farm remind me of the ones who buy homes on truck routes and then bitch and moan until truck restrictions are imposed.

I'm glad the house will be in good hands.

Jim