Need Help Figuring Out Transmission Noise

fxfymn

I have had a noise in the 52 since I bought it. It sounds like loose diamond plate, but I'm reasonably sure it's coming from the transmission. When I put it in fith (overdrive) it makes the noise as soon as I slack off of the accelerator. If I step on the gas it goes away until I back off again. It only occurs in fifth gear.

I have pulled the cover plate off of the transmission and I don't see or feel any obvious problems. No metal chips on the magnet either. I'm guessing it is a thrust washer or something else that will allow a gear to "unload" when the torque load applied by the engine is removed.

The transmission is a TR6610 five speed. It will not make the noise when it is run at high speed with the transmission in fifth and the transfer case is in neutral, so I'm guessing the drive train load has to come into play to force the gear to unload.

Does anyone know if there is one unique shaft, thrust washer, or bearing that would come into play when it's put in fifth gear? Anybody run into something similar?

I have already rebuilt the rear differential and the transfer case. I don't see any issues with the drive shafts either.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!