1999 CH613

looking at buying a 1999 ch613 mack with a e7 355/380 engine, 10 spd. 4:11 rears. is this a good set up ?? looking to haul dump trailer with it grossing 100,000lbs. will this setup work ok ?? any input would be helpful

I had a new custom 2002 RD with a 355/380, Mack 18 and 4.11 Mack 44 rears (maybe 4.10). Should have been a gold dog but for whatever reason, Mack wasn't doing that on the RD in April '01. The truck was a tri axle dump truck 20/20/44 and sometimes pulled a pup grossing 120k. It's a decent set-up and I never had a problem with power, but the 427's and 460's of that vintage pulled slightly better. It was no comparison to the way a 475 Cat 6NZ walked up the hills, but I'll take the Mack any day overall. I would be hesitant with a 10 speed 355/380 combo pulling that weight.

thanks guys, didnt know how that transmission was geared for starting off with that weight, would the motor pull like the old 350 12 spd set up in the old superliners ?? dont know much about the combo 355/380 ratings