Russian Trucks

Timothy Maikshilo

Hello!

This is a very well known truck here, where I live. It was made by the KrAZ works. The solo version of this machine is called KrAZ-255 and is a ten ton truck, but there are many versions with different designations. Ten years ago they were still very popular as construction site dump trucks. In Russia they are also used extensively by the military, as fire trucks and by state-owned companies. There are also all wheel drive variants:

800px-KrAZ_255.JPG

Hope you like it, have a nice day

Paweł

• 1 month later...

Here is a truck at the Minsk Airport in Belarus. I couldn't believe that a truck this old would still be in use at an airport but goes to show you other pats of the world will keep vehicles in circulation longer than most. I have a few others I took when I was there in the spring.post-426-0-06839100-1325448038_thumb.jpg

I am surprised you never got in trouble from one of the guys with he big hats and shiny boots for taking this photo. I took a similar photo in Nihznevartosk as I was getting off a flight from Moscow a few years ago and got in trouble.

I will post some photos of Russian Oilfield trucks tomorrow if I think of it. I drove a brand new Kamaz when I was there... Neat truck but what a POS...

The photo that got me into trouble. This is the transporter to get from the hanger to the gate...

post-9002-0-54664300-1328710889.jpg

Off Highway gravel truck in Coal Mine.

post-9002-0-52969500-1328710950_thumb.jp

I think this is a ZIL (stands for In the name of Lennon). This is a wireline truck.

post-9002-0-82391000-1328710977_thumb.jp

Ural crane, off highway truck in the background.

post-9002-0-89111400-1328711061_thumb.jp

Kamaz Iron truck.

post-9002-0-58239600-1328711076_thumb.jp

Russian Service Rig. I think it wasa KAZ.

post-9002-0-36231600-1328711009_thumb.jp

Gennulman - please let me post some corrections - that's actually not KAZ, but KrAZ - the same make that started this thread, but a newer truck (the one with the rig). ZIL is actually "Zavod Imyenya Likhacheva" - the Likhachev Works. They were formerly called ZIS - "Zavod Imyenya Stalina", but around 1956 the name changed to honour the long year manager of the factory. And Tatra is a Czech factory with over 100 years tradition of making automobiles. Thanks for reading, have a nice day

Pawel