2000 CH 613 355-380 low power

3mackfarmer

Hey guys I am new here and looking for some help. We have a 2000 mack e7 with 355-380 power rating is an all new engine last winter at the dealer but truck still seems weak, compared to our 95 and 92 each with the 350hp engine also. I know the difference in fuel system is there and this truck has 4.33 rear ends not sure on the other two but will the rears really make that much difference???? Also it has the rockwell 10 spd, not the eaton 9spd like the 92 and maxitorque 9spd like the 95. Anyone know much about this trans?? Seems good but a little different that is for sure compared to other two. Has good fuel psi and does blow some smoke but not lots. would bumping it up to 400 with software only be worth it or will it still be weak due to ratios??? If we don't figure anything out soon hate to say it but may go back to another older truck, all we do is haul grain on our farm so luxury is not an issue but I know what I have in this truck with good tires and new engine so hate to give it up over a power issue. Also one last thought, would the larger injectors be a help or a waste of $$$ in your opinions?, Thanks for all advice and help, Dan

Whats the last 6 of the VIN and also what trie size are you running? I was going through my notes and found this " Here's a little tip for 427 CCRS engines with low power. We bought a fleet of 2002 CH's with this engine and all were low on boost pressure and power. We changed turbo and injectors, adjusted valves and did everything we could think of and still low turbo boost/ power. I called my buddy at our other Mack location and he said to replaced the injectors with 460P (736GB420M3X) ones and call Mack and have them turn on engine datafile 1MS5135. We did this and WOW what a difference, went from 22psi boost to 30 psi and this was after we put the old turbo back on. " Ok, with that being said your engine is not a 427 or CCRS version of the ETECH if it really is a 2000 model but with your VIN I can see how yours came from the factory and see what could be cheaply done to help.