Trailer for sale, I don't want to see it scrapped

ThaddeusW

I stumbled upon this nice trailer the other day and gave purchasing it some thought. I just don't have the room for it. I figured I would pass this on to others who may be looking for an old lowboy that isn't too long to hook to their tractor. Pass this along to anyone who is interested.

It was used to haul a large forklift, the company installs boiler systems and does their own rigging. There wasn't any name tag on the trailer, he says its either a Talbert or a Rogers (maybe neither). Its either a 60's or early 70's model but it does not have Maxi brakes on the axles so it might be 1960's. Its pretty damn solid, needs new wood and has a few rust holes in the diamond plate on the rear but no visible rot of the main beams. Has a pony motor that doesn't work (you could put a new engine in) and was bypassed to hook to a wet kit. Its missing a glad hand but other than that its ready to go, it was last used 2 years ago. Its about 30 feet long with a well that's about 16 feet, and the deck is rear detachable . Tires are 15" on the classic 15" six spoke hubs, not sure of the actual tire size though. Not sure of the capacity but it might be anywhere from 25-35 tons. Would be good for hauling antique farm tractors or smaller trucks/equipment. Still road worthy.

Its Located in Farmingdale, NY 11735. That is on Long Island.

The company is moving its operations to a new location and they want to get rid of the trailer within 2 weeks.

They wanted 5000 but will settle for 3, MAYBE less. And its important that you make your decision by November 15th! The guy I spoke with was a nice guy, told him about my Mack and said he would love to see it in action picking up the trailer, too bad I just don't have the room. He loves the old Macks as well and drove a friends B model with a Quad box a few times. He said he would rather see someone put it to use rather than scrap it. Its rare nowadays that someone actually cares about saving a piece of trucking history, even if its just a trailer.

!!!!!!!! MESSAGE OR EMAIL ME FOR CONTACT INFORMATION !!!!!!!!

Not the best pictures.

post-314-0-86388000-1320342966_thumb.jpg

post-314-0-28087900-1320342973_thumb.jpg

post-314-0-30443700-1320342978_thumb.jpg

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

:SMOKIE-RT:

I can't believe you don't have ROOM for it! Hell,I ALWAYS find room for more cool stuff-I have a LOT of friends that have room! :whistling: You should go ahead and save it;you can probably fit 2 trucks or tractors you already have on it,actually SAVING you some room! :twothumbsup:

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>