Sources For R Model Parts?

The best source for parts for R's & RW's would be salvage yards. If you don't have yards around your location, post a message here listing what you need. If what you are looking for is not available from :mack1: directly, used is the only regular method. Keep in mind, the R cab was used up to recent years on the RD and RB and DM. if you get a good parts person at a good :mack1: dealer, that is knowledgeable and doesn't have to rely on the VIN for a parts breakdown, they can cross refer the parts to the newer models. It is getting harder to find these irreplaceable parts people, someone that actually knows what they are selling, trucks and has an interest in actually working instead of having a computer do it for them.

If all of this fails, let me know what you need and I should be able to track it down. Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

You'd think that Volvo would figure out that those ol' R models aren't going to go away anytime soon. Even here in the rust belt I see 1980s and earlier R models working every day. I have a couple early 1980s BMW motorcycles, and have no trouble getting parts for them- BMW figured out that parts are very profitable and has even putting some NLA parts back into production.

PAI industries Inc. They have a lot of re-pop parts You will have to sign up to view their catalog, but it doesn't cost anything. The bad thing, is you can't buy direct, Look at what they have to offer, then call them to find the nearest dealer. Keep in mind however that the parts are not genuine Mack. In most cases they would still be better than none at all. James