My rant!

macksmoke

My opinion on MPG...... I understand that some engine companies and truck companies go with smaller engines with the belief that they will get better MPG. One problem with this is the emissions regulations in place!!!!! The second is if you have to run a less hp engine wide open all the time it is just as bad for MPG as a bigger engine running with the pedal off the floor more often.

I know the DEF system is a pain in the ass, but the emission standard is not going away. The current DPF uses extra diesel to clean out. GM is currently looking at running the DPF off electric instead of fuel.

one thing that I would love to see is getting rid of the EGR systems on diesels. They create too much heat, extra cost, extra maintenance and extra soot and oil in the intake. It adds more soot and fuel in the engine oil resulting in oil breakdown. Why the hell would you induce dirty air into a clean air system? Why don't we remove the air filter and run the exhaust into the intake?

The main cause for some of these emission issues is there is poor standard for diesel in the U.S. They keep cutting the PPM of sulfer (a lubricant) among other things. Now it has a shitty shelf life and destroys injectors and pumps.

I lost 6 engines last year due to roller lifter failers. Causes are shit oil, long idle times, fuel and soot dillution in oil (from EGR and heat from EGR). The result was sever viscosity drop in oil from all above. I never cared for oil analisys until now. I was changing oil from 3000-5000 mi. It was recommended at 7500 mi. The result was change it at 3000 and get rid of shit oil. I tried a few oils even the high $ manufacture oil and I got my best result from Kendall SD-XA 15W-40 Synthetic blend. Very good stuff and cost less than Mobil Delvac, this is based on il analysis.

That's my rant and my head hurts from trying to sound smart!!!