Can you retrofit power steering to a B61?

Armywrench

You have a few options. First you can look for generator mounted power steering pump setup that came factory on some B models. I sold one a few years ago for about $1200. That was everything you would need for power steering. You can look around for a for a vickers pump setup from an r model that I believe runs off the back of the compressor then retrofit with parts like the drag link and pitman arm. You can also look around for an air-assist power unit from Air-O-Matic. I have one on mine that came off another B model that works great. Parts are availible and I know they put these units on M-35 Military trucks.

Give Dennis Meehan a call, he told me he could sell me a B model power steering kit for something like 2 grand. Don't quote me on the price though. His website is www.oldmacks.com, it says on the front page not to call for parts but I would call and inquire as this is a kit he offers.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!