Felt washer oil filter

ff6009

The fire department that I work for has a 1932 BG type 50 fire truck that the town bought new. It needs a new oil filter and we are looking for a supplier. The part number of the original is 5 ALFA 25. We would like to find a new filter or find a part number for a filter that will replace this one. I have included a picture of the engine and the old filter.

post-9694-0-83471500-1319546555_thumb.jp

post-9694-0-92735900-1319546542_thumb.jp

The fire department that I work for has a 1932 BG type 50 fire truck that the town bought new. It needs a new oil filter and we are looking for a supplier. The part number of the original is 5 ALFA 25. We would like to find a new filter or find a part number for a filter that will replace this one. I have included a picture of the engine and the old filter.

post-9694-0-83471500-1319546555_thumb.jp

post-9694-0-92735900-1319546542_thumb.jp

Hi,

This is Jay Buckley again from FRAM filters. After speaking with our engineers, we have no filter for this application. They told me to refer you to this site-

www.purolator-facet.com/

Good luck!

If this is a partial flow filter (which it looks like), I would go to NAPA or some big parts dealer with your existing filter OD and stacked length. Your material looks like felt or woven cotton.

If you are lucky you may be able to match it up a cartridge insert type with an OD similiar to what was used in 8N Ford tractors, late 40's Studebakers or '49 to '53 Fords.

You should be able to stack 2 of these where your existing ones nest in the steel housing and if you have to, reuse one ot more of the existing washer filters back in the housing as spacers with the cartridge filters to make up the total length needed.

You are just filtering the oil as it passes through the housing itself.

Good luck

David

The old filter material is falling apart, so we could not reuse it. With the help of a local mechanic that works on antique vehicles, we found a Wix filter that goes on a '47 Chrysler that was close to the sme size. We put in on the truck and it fired right up with good oil pressure and no noise from the engine. It is now ready for the parade.