Mack Dealerships

My mack dealership in binghamton ny is open on saturday also they own the mack dealership in scranton pa:)With in the last 2 or 3 years the mack dealership has been selling a lots of mack trucks and years before they were not selling muck trucks.Kane from scranton they had 5 or 7 new trucks in 06 that come out of binghamton store.Wiestem's bought 6 new macks in 07.They sold 4 new rawhides so far.Also in 06 they sold close to 30 trucks to a guy in new jersey the runs friuts and veggys.They were the cx613 vision long wheel base to put a 26" reefer body on it.So our Mack dealership here in binghamton is selling lots of trucks.We also have a volvo dealership and they dont nearly the amont of trucks that our mack dealership does.Plus our mack dealership is owned by the same owners since i think 1950's and the volvo dealership is owned by diffrent poeple for the last 20 years or so. So there two separate dealership owned by two separate familys.Why is it when volvo bought mack that now i see mack dealership's selling mack and visa versa?Our mack and volvo dealrship dont do that, why is this?I want to say more on this but i know it will start a fued do i wont.

All my best,

TERRY E DAVIS OF JOHNSON CITY N ..Y

Well let me start by saying that my Mack dealer is the one you mentioned in Scranton, Pa and they too have sold a ton of trucks over the past year, probably 10+to Bolus Freight in the last few months. My Volvo dealer dosen't sell nearly as many trucks as Mack either. But getting to your question, i remember when Volvo first bought Mack, i read that they would be combining some dealerships since Volvo is strong for highway applications and Mack is strong for vocational. I also think it may have to do with expanding Volvos/Macks dealership network and it was just easier to add the Mack franchise to an existing Volvo dealer than build a new one or vise versa.

Yes Henry Cook was the old brockway dealership in the country.Now the son owns the dealership's now.When they sold it a few years back they sold it to a big corporation out of texas and then they ran it in the ground and hardy sold any trucks at all.So the son bought it back and also bought simpon mack from charlie terricone and famliy in scranton.Iwas goona say bolus but last time i knew that they bought new trucks from mack was in 01 when they bought a few ch600 sleepers then after that they bought some freightshakers like kane did over the years.But my point of this post was if mack dealerships want to keep mack soley they would refuse to consolidate with a volvo dealership to keep mack going strong.So if they do this then volvo wont so called run mack in to the ground like is being said in other post in this forum.If cook bros can do this and not consolidate with volvo why could other mack dealerships do this?Becuase if then do we wont have to worry about maybe seeing mack slowly being like a volvo.I dont know i am just talking and coming up with ideas in my head.Cooks Bros, there biggest part of there business is selling and running parts all over the north east here in pa/ny area and beyond.I think it was a very good move for the cook family to buy simpon mack to gain alot of strong mack custmer base simpon has in nepa area.I guess the terricone family had enough of the truck business and cook offered them the right price so thy got out when it was good for them.Just about everyday i go thru cooks lot on bingamtom and see what new and used trucks they recieved in.One thing i am woundering is does housby mack has anything to do with cooks or what?Housy mack is from out in the midwest some were were they have mack dealerships.How i know this is housby mack has late model dump trucks and tractors they sell in the scraton area some wheres.Housby mack had a 02 peterbilt long hood dump truck red in color they sold to a guy that runs for tuzzie trucking out of carbondale pa. Well enough rameling here becuase i like to talk trucks intill next time!lol:)

All my best,

TERRY E DAVIS OF JOHNSON CITY N.Y.