Got Off Lucky

slpwlker

Went to the hydraulic shop today. Had a problem and wasn't sure if I had a cylinder bypassing on the stinger for my trailer. Well they is a vacant lot across and this place is tight. Last time I was there they had just cut the trees down and now it had grown over. no biggy I have driven on this property a few times. Today was different. I couldn't get straight enough and pulled way up in the shrubbery. I hear pop, pop,pop. Stop and back up PA POWWWWWWW!!!!!!. Oh sh!t just ripped my bumper off is going though my mind. I get back far enough and I see the grass is wet. I got a ton of things going my mind right now, I hurry and get back in the property I am trying to get into and I still got to pull up 3 times to get over enough to leave a pathway. Turn the fan on and really hustling to get this thing parked before I cook a 8 month old motor. Get parked and Coolant is just pouring out. Still haven't looked under it yet so still thinking the worst. Let it cool down after helping the guy on the trailer and look under it. The new power steering cooler I put on was pushed up but no leaks. Pulled the protective cage out of the fins. Only thing I found was I ripped a Heater hose off the lower rad hose/pipe. Cut the end off,tightened the piss out of it. Sent Ann on a Coolant mission and got 2 cases of coolant. Bumper was still intact not even a scratch. Oil pan looks like something grazed it like a twig or something. it had a clean spot. Moral of the story is this I knew I should of walked out there and looked,You can bet your backside I will when I go back there. What I had hit and run over was the remains of a sign that was blocking a meter that I took out also. Low enough to be hidden by the grass and tall enough to smack the bumper

How low do your hoses hang? I'd have to tear up an awful lot before one would get ripped off....they are up out of the way and well protected.

They are about halfway up the bumper. It was 2 pieces of steel that where in the weeds. now this was up past my fenders..Atleast it was a hose that was a quick fix and not a 1000+ dollar steer tire or an 8month old motor