1959 Mack Coachbus

Skullsquadron X

I'm looking for a place were I can get parts for this Model C-49DM, and the history of the bus

Here what the book that came with the bus say

Engine Model ( Mack Thermodyne Diesel ) ....................ENDT-673

Bore & Stroke............( in. )..........................................4-7/8x6

Displacement........................................................................672

Compression Ratio.....................................................16:59 to 1

Horsepower.................................................( AMA ).................57

Governed Speed, Full- Load.........................( rpm )...............2100

Governed Speed, No-Load...........................( rpm )...............2250

Idling Seed ( in Neutral )..............................( rpm )..........550-600

Wheelbace..................................................( in ).............274-1/2

Suspension..........................................Mack Airglide ( Firestone )

Steering.............................................................Vickers Hydraulic

Transmission.......................................TR91 Mechanical - 4 speed

Front Axle.......................................................................FA 516

Rear Axle......................................................................RAS 405

Carrier..............................................................................CRS63

Ratio..........................................................................4.20 - 1

post-1234-1168883391_thumb.jpg

Hello too you all, I started out badly here, by not Introduction myself.

Kirk ( Captain Kirk ) Schweighofer

I grew up on the farming life style from both side of the family. My dad started his own trucking business along with his family farm. The two when hand in hand for years, then they broke off on there own. The was the frist to go under, several year later the trucking business just didn't pull it's weight.

His frist truck as far as I now was a Mack R-Model. Then he added another Mack R-Model an A several year later he added a Mack Supper Liner. Three year later he drop one of the R-Models and to this day he still has the Supper Pup He had a flatbed, a Dumpbed, 2 Hopper, still has the 3 Van bodies.

Oh a some point it time he bougth a B-Model he had some restore work done to it and sold it to pay the bills on it and a few others he had. I'd have to say that is when I was biten by the B-Model fever. I've been looking but when I find them I just don't have the cash or just too high of a price for me .

8 year ago I found this Mack Coach Bus in a local junk yard. I bougth it for $1000 it has 7 all most new tires. Someone has turned it into an RV. The luggage area is the worst,the one door was rehong with old house door hinages. The floor frame of luggage area is roted away in places and the aluminum skin is broken in spots. Driver side of Windshield is two pices of flat glass panels.

Last year I recevie 9.25 acras in Plesant Mount, PA with a 40x30 slabe which will make a nice start for a garage to do all the restoration projects have and will get.

1962 Willys OverLander Pickup 1984 Chevy C-30 Towtruck ??????

1970 Chevy C-10 Pickup 1984 Pontica Trans AM with T-tops

1977 Chrysler Cordoba with T-tops 1985 Chevy S-10 Pickup

1979 Chevy Camaro Z-28 1986 Ford Turbo Thunderbird

1980 Chevy C-10 Pickup 1986 Buick Rega ???????????????????

1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 1988 Dodge D-50 Pickup

LOOKING FOR

194? Willys CJA2 1959 Chevy Pickup

1963 Chevy Pickup 1/2 , 1 tons, & bigger 1970 Pontica Fire Bird

1969 Dodge Charger 1972 Dodge Charger

1977 Ford Mustang King Corbar with T-tops 1982 Chevy Corvette

1987 Buick Regal with T-tops And there be more

Hey Captain Kirk,

Interesting about the Willys pickup - I have one myself.

A 1960 4x4 Willys pickup completely restored to original condition, with a lot of help from Carl Walck, who I think is from down near you.

I will be putting mine up for sale to pay for the B67 restoration, as I really don't use the Willys like I thought I would.

Anyway - welcome to the forums - and best of luck with the bus, that looks like a cool project.

Paul Van Scott

Thank Paul,

The willys when I bought it two year ago ran but died when I let the clutch out. It sat for a year, then this September '06 got it so I could it to plow snow for this year. Tried of by hand snow removel being that I bought it for that. But I've been useing it as a Dozer pushing 22 ton of modified for a drive way and a new parking spot for the bus. Also used it to drop trees around the house and skidding tree tops up to the house for fire wood. So I'm use it for more then I intended.

ANd once again Paul Thank You

CAPTAIN leaving the Bridge!