A Few More Pictures Of A Few More Things

other dog

I was sitting around the grill today, smoking a pork loin minding my own binness, and got out a couple of old photo albums to look at. These were pictures I took before I ever got a digital camera and I had completely forgotten about some of them. Here's some of them, i'm sure i've posted some of these before but just ignore those, there might be something new here. I made them pretty small for easier downloading, and since my scanner fails to operate properly I took pictures of the pictures.

First- old pictures from H.H.Moore Trucking-

At Mt. Rushmore

Jobsite in W.V.

Snow, narrow bridge,long load on steerable dolly, steerable dolly parked at my old house. It was made from a Mack truck chassis.

Van trailer, mixer, Watts Mack

I went to a forestry show in Richmond once...

Me at the forestry show

Jo and a Corbitt, Greensboro,N.C.

Fleetstar ...and remember when I cut my thumb with the ax?..not quite healed.

I'm 2nd. from left, in the red flannel shirt, at the H.H.Moore safety meeting.

My old 750 Kawasaki, traded in on this 1000 KawasakiThat's my '70 Skylark too.

William Weatherstone, "The Diesel Gypsy"- the greatest truck driver ever.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Great pics, I really enjoy seeing trucks from a while back. Makes me want a F model even more!

Whats the story with the IH and the long load with the cool looking beam mover?

That's the longest girder I ever hauled, 150' long. Took it from Carolina Steel in Abingdon, Va. to somewhere south of Nashville when they were building rt. 840. The beam itself made the trailer, the front sat on a bolster on the 5th. wheel of the truck, the back sat on the dolly. We could chain the front axle of the dolly to the beam to lift the tires off the ground for regular highway travel, when we got to the jobsite we'd drop the front axle and a driver would ride in the cab of the dolly and steer it. The dolly itself was made from an old Mack truck chassis. You could get into some tight spots when you can steer the back end. When you got unloaded you'd back up to the dolly and tow it with a pintle hook.

I drove that IH where I used to work, H.H.Moore's in Appomattox, Va. Had an N14 Cummins with a super 10 in it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.