New Engine Factory For Paccar

There is a big market for the 13 liter engines heck even International is ready to debut their MAN based MAXXForce 12 and 13 engines. They can spit out about 530hp and I think close to 1850ft/lbs so that fits allot of markets.

Paccar devloped the MX engine with DAF, before that they used slightly modified/rebadged Cummins engines. here is an excerpt of the MX engine from DAF's site:

"The new 12.9-litre PACCAR MX engine, developed and manufactured at DAF Trucks in Eindhoven, will first be available with power outputs of between 410 hp (300 kW) and 510 hp (375 kW), with massive torques of between 2000Nm (1475ft/lbs) and 2500Nm (1843ft/lbs) . At a later stage a 560 hp/410 kW engine will be available."

That 560HP engine sounds like it might put out 2000+ foot pounds! And a genuine jake brake is standard. I don't think that owner operators would mind a light weight yet powerful engine in their trucks (in fact I think they would jump at the opportunity provided Paccar can prove it reliable). Like I said before the Europeans are ahead of us, but its not so bad that they help us, as long as they don't screw with our trucks.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I agree, a 12 liter or so engine is the perfect size for hauling at our US-wide 80,000 pound weight limits. But the guys who buy those long nose Petes and KWs will pay plenty extra for the biggest engine Cat can provide. Navistars "new" (really rehashed) tractor is a "cheap but cheerful" truck aimed at the fleet market.

:SMOKIE-LFT::mack1: all those engines are testet in the field and on the factory they say they have a life of 1 million miles here in europe they have a few big companies how test the engines for daf in the field and when they have problems daf is flying in the engineers everywere in europe to solve the problems :mack1::SMOKIE-RT::thumb:

There is a big market for the 13 liter engines heck even International is ready to debut their MAN based MAXXForce 12 and 13 engines. They can spit out about 530hp and I think close to 1850ft/lbs so that fits allot of markets.

Paccar devloped the MX engine with DAF, before that they used slightly modified/rebadged Cummins engines. here is an excerpt of the MX engine from DAF's site:

"The new 12.9-litre PACCAR MX engine, developed and manufactured at DAF Trucks in Eindhoven, will first be available with power outputs of between 410 hp (300 kW) and 510 hp (375 kW), with massive torques of between 2000Nm (1475ft/lbs) and 2500Nm (1843ft/lbs) . At a later stage a 560 hp/410 kW engine will be available."

That 560HP engine sounds like it might put out 2000+ foot pounds! And a genuine jake brake is standard. I don't think that owner operators would mind a light weight yet powerful engine in their trucks (in fact I think they would jump at the opportunity provided Paccar can prove it reliable). Like I said before the Europeans are ahead of us, but its not so bad that they help us, as long as they don't screw with our trucks.