Need An Old Forklift Hauled From Md To Ny

ThaddeusW

So last year I bought an old Clark forklift for next to nothing. Its still sitting by my friends house in Md with me just spending (and still spending) all my money on the B. I know its an oldie but I had a neat idea to make a theme with the truck, an old rigging company with the forklift painted to match the truck with a logo. Its been there long enough and he is getting a load of gravel and new shed delivered in the next two weeks and the lift has to go. Even though its old, I am willing to pay, its an antique as well.

IT DOES NOT RUN so that is a problem, would have to push it or winch it on. If my rig was on the road it would be a no brainer.

Its in Ellicott City, Maryland and I need it hauled to Ozone Park, NY; roughly a 210 mile drive.

Any takers?

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

what size and weight of the forklift?

I am going to say 8000. It may be as little as 7000 but the rule of thumb for smaller lifts is double the lifting capacity to get its weight (its a 4000 pound lift).

It needs to go asap. I may get an extension to the end of September, but that is only if I am guaranteed someone WILL move it. I am pushing to get my truck ready for Litiz but no guarantees. If anyone has any idea, let me know.

-Thad

Hey there, I have space on my landoll for it. I could pick it up Monday, Aug 15 and deliver it Monday afternoon or early evening. If interested give me a call. Keith 804-640-8425

Keith,

I was going to call you but I realized I would be sending you on a suicide mission. Their roads are winding and narrow, sharp turns and short yet steep hills. They are on a long cul-de-sac with a sharp right angle and on a hill. I had fun trying to back a 16 foot equipment trailer hooked to a 20 foot long 3500 van. You would have to have somehow made a u turn at the bottom of the hill at the round dead end, its big but I don't think semi truck big. Then come back up and try to back in which would mean you would run over their grass, garden and bushes. I was getting yelled at for going over a little grass.

I really appreciate your offer. Too bad they live in such a secluded area, an equipment roll back would be the best truck to get in there.

-Thad