Problem With My Notebook Pls Anybody Help

HelenHorbik

Hello,

I am having trouble with my Internet explorer.It is doing some very odd things.Sometimes it will completely close the page i am visiting for no reason or it will be very slow loading pages and when i say slow i mean very very very slow for eg i tried to google something and after 10 minutes of the page trying to load i gave up.I thought that it was perhaps the topic i was searching so i tried putting in random things to see if that made any difference but it didn't.Another problem i had was when i was on a forum and clicked on a link and nothing happened i tried to open a new tab and that wouldn't work either and it would let me access any options that are in my tools menu.i had to restart my computer.Just to let you know i have high speed Internet connection.Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me with this problem.

Use Mozilla Firefox, its much safer and has few problems. You can get it at www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ if you don't already have it (its free). The only downfall is it can't always play videos(it depends on format), but I have no problems on BMT. If you don't want Firefox, try downloading Internet Explorer 7. Hope this helps

This is an odd question to ask on this forum, certainly off topic. But I will say this, if you have high speed internet (cable/dsl/fiber) then you have a bigger problem then internet explorer. I hope you have a good up to date anti virus/spyware program like AVG, if not then get it for free:

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-spywa...e/lng/us/tpl/v5

Install it, reboot then open it and get any updates. then run a full system scan. If AVG will not run or install then your computer is swamped with some real malicious malware that prevents and even disables anti virus software. Your computer might be a zombie and part of a bot net sending spam email, DoS attacks etc.

It also helps to use firefox instead as its not so damn intertwined with the operating system that simple exploits wont let malicious code be run. Hope this helps.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

This is a spammer feeling out the forum...I can tell by the email address!

I left it up though cause you guys gave some good advice!

You hit the spammer right on the head. I was just reading Rec.Gambling Poker (usenet) and came across the exact same post. Could it be that there are others in this world that enjoy both trucks and poker? :D

John

The idea is not to look dumb. Two people giving out proper advice to avoid malware will make the spammer think twice about posing links to malicious websites. I would advise everyone yto follow my advice. Oh and put your PC behind a firewall, either one built into windows or one in your router/modem for cable/dsl/fiber.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!