Vin # Help

bubbamobilin

Can anyone tell where a truck was sold or to whom by the VIN # anymore? I thought my local dealer used to be able to tell that but they say they can't anymore. I would like to know a little history about the 2 MH's I saved yesterday from the crusher. If anyone can help it would be greatly appriciated.

Truck #1 1984 MH613 1M2AR08Y4FM003260 E9440, 2100 10SPD, 3 LEAF SUSP. 4:17 RATIO 11375 miles, 6777 hours.

Truck #2 1984 MH613 1M2AR08Y5FM006409 E9440, 2100 10SPD, CAMELBACK SUSP, 4:17 RATIO. 112704 miles, 9064 hours.

I know the mileages are probably not correct unless they have rolled over the million mark, but how many miles would the hour readings be equal to?

Thanks in advance,

Bubbamobilin

slpwlker,

do you mean those hours would be correct for engines that have over a million miles?

Unless I looked at it wrong or they are over 1 million. Depends on the idle time. If I am idling 100% of my time I will do 168 hours a week. In 1 year that is 8736 hours. If they ran them all the time or just did local stuff and no idle time. Or new hour meter. Maybe I am missing something somewhere. What was the life of these. Did they sit and idle alot and little mileage? Or am I just out in left field