2005 Cv713 Fan Clutch Problem

Hey guys haven't been on in awhile but am experiencing an issue with my Granite. I've put two fan clutches in it in 3 years. IMO the fan tends to lock up alot. Once warmed up and running down the road the temp climbs to 200 then the fan locks up and pulls it down to 180. If running empty, it may take a couple minutes before climbing back up to 200. Running loaded with the AC on I've actually timed it every 30 seconds or so. It's got the AMI 370 and the MLR 10 speed, 24.5 tires, 14,000 front 38,000 rears. I believe it's a 4.42 ratio but I'm not positive. Also it's a 14ft dump and I typically pull a pup. Because of my heavy empty weight and shorter bridge I usually only gross anywhere from 77 to 78,000. Thanks for the help.

Mack- Built Tough to Ride Rough!

Driver and operator for Bertils Gravel and Excavation

does the temp get hotter when you run it on highway or when you going thru the city, mine is like that on the highway, i changed the theromstat, water pump, and that didnt help, i gotta granite also but mine is with 460, good luck if you find out whats wrong please let me know!

Well so far, installed the new fan clutch but it's now locked up all the time. We will be taking it to the dealer as soon as we get the chance. It seems to me that the fan is doing the job of the thermostat. Before replacing the clutch for the second time, it would get hot on the highway or in town, didn't seem to matter. Obviously it would heat up faster when under load but either way the fan should not lock up this often.

I should also add, ever since I've started driving this truck almost 4 years ago now, it's always seemed under powered. Now, I work for my dad who's from the old school and all these electronics are greek to him. For the most part, we never had much trouble with the electronics in the e7 motors, but this one and an '04 Vision have been very problematic. They throw electronic faults constantly, and my Granite tends to cut power every now and then. It's going to the dealer to get the fan clutch to lock and unlock properly but I'm wondering if there's a program update that needs to be done. Also, it does not have a manifold pressure gauge so what should the boost pressure be? What should the water temp run at?