Float Rims & Tires

MCHAM

I was always told, if you want to know something is to ask. I see some trucks rolling on the wide float tires & rims on the front. What are so good about that set up. I think it looks cool, and I want a set on my RD690S. Also how much does that set up run? Thanks ahead of time for the info

I have them on mine for the weight. I run upwards of 20000 to 24000 on my steers. Most states won't give that unless you got 425/65 R22.5's on. Also for off road. Wide tire better float ability. Now depending on what you run in they can also slow you down and get stuck off road. Big thing in sand down in Fl.Idk much about Macks but most 20k steers or bigger have 2 steering boxes or a steering box and a hydraulic cylinder. If you haul any kind of weight on the front end. With big floats with one box unless set up for it will be a PITA. Do you have spoke wheels or budds up front? When I put them on my Pete I had the offset already in the wheels.It turns alright considering my Wheelbase. But has shortened up a little since adding the other steer box. Hope that helps.

I have 22.5 Alcoa's my truck now

You can go to any shop that deals with rims. They can usually set you up with the right offset or inset. Mine gets right up to the bumper. I actually got to watch where I have my bungees set for my oversize banner as I have hit and broke them. You could run I believe it is a 385/65 r 22.5. Little smaller then the full size floats,Cheaper, and easier to turn.

If you get the right offset wheel, the only thing you will have to do is adjust your wheel stops out so the tire does not hit anything when fully turned because if it does and you go through DOT, they will fine you for the tire rubbing anything. I run 385's because you can at least cap them and run them on the lift axle. 425 can not be capped.

post-147-0-92724300-1306768827_thumb.jpg

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.