Trucking News: Wilson Trucking Gets the Keys to 500,000th Volvo Truck Assembled in U.S.

BMT Forum Bot

I saw this earlier at work. Wilson also owns the first volvo built domestically, the F7 cabover pictured with the new VN. I think both are surprisingly decent looking trucks, all things considered...

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

oh,maybe so,but those new conventionals...oh my god terrible..i was stuck in one at my old job for 5 years i hated it,,if i knew they were going to start buying those,i never would have hired on...but i know alotta guys like em,especially your younger croud..if you can get around the hitious.body style,i still dont think thier very driver freindly..back window too high,log book teeters on the steering wheel,cant reach your lunch box,passenger seat,hard to clean windows,no hand rails,nothing to grab onto,climbing up to clean winshield.too much glass,sun beats you to death,hot days..bob

oh,maybe so,but those new conventionals...oh my god terrible..i was stuck in one at my old job for 5 years i hated it,,if i knew they were going to start buying those,i never would have hired on...but i know alotta guys like em,especially your younger croud..if you can get around the hitious.body style,i still dont think thier very driver freindly..back window too high,log book teeters on the steering wheel,cant reach your lunch box,passenger seat,hard to clean windows,no hand rails,nothing to grab onto,climbing up to clean winshield.too much glass,sun beats you to death,hot days..bob

Hey Bob, try working on one. An experience I'm sure you would regret (I do just about every time I have to)!

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

well hell that L7 doesnt look any differant than a midliner,,,i see what you mean,its a whole differant story..not bad looking at all...thanks for sharing,,,and i also heard the mechanics at work,saying that,,,you see we just started dipping into volvo,,im pissed..we had all kenworth t800,s,and we were all happy with,and the company decited to try the volvo,s.they bought 8.im still in a KW. nobody really likes them.there,they say all the wiring is the same color for one thing...bob