I am looking for an air tank for a 59 Mack B73 single axle tractor. The tank is in the rear of the truck and it looks like it should have one big hole for the compressor line and a smaller hole for an air line. Any help with this would be help to me.

I am looking for an air tank for a 59 Mack B73 single axle tractor. The tank is in the rear of the truck and it looks like it should have one big hole for the compressor line and a smaller hole for an air line. Any help with this would be help to me.

Ya might want to put out an ad in the Classifieds here or the fastest way is to find a truck salvage yard and measure yours or what may fit between your frame rails. Mine still has this setup and has straps that hold it in with two bolts.

Regards

mike

I think thats how mine should be, there are 2 metal straps there with the lines.

I'd measure the diameter of the hole with the straps closed. The tank has no other means to hold side to side but with these straps. You are correct. Mine has 2 larger copper lines with fittings on each end of the tank with a smaller line at the bottom. It needs a pop off valve to vent the tank.I installed a NAPA with 115 pounds maximum. Also it needs a drain. Mine is on the left hand side, bottom of tank. You can get creative and install yours as you see fit.

Regards

mike :mack1: