Service With A Smile!

Found a pretty neat old picture, 1965 B-model,NTC-335 Cummins operating across Canada in the 1960's, all the caption said other than the specs,were that female fuel attendants (pump jockeys) were quite common in Canada. I only remember one truckstop having all women working the fuel island (back when truckstops were actually full service) this was early in my career,they not only fueled your truck,but checked oil/water,tires,lights etc.and even swept out the floor! they would even park it for you while you were eating or whatever! This was Kelly's truck plaza (long since gone) in Shereveport,LA AAHHH the good old days!....Mark

post-5836-0-97340000-1301969268_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Found a pretty neat old picture, 1965 B-model,NTC-335 Cummins operating across Canada in the 1960's, all the caption said other than the specs,were that female fuel attendants (pump jockeys) were quite common in Canada. I only remember one truckstop having all women working the fuel island (back when truckstops were actually full service) this was early in my career,they not only fueled your truck,but checked oil/water,tires,lights etc.and even swept out the floor! they would even park it for you while you were eating or whatever! This was Kelly's truck plaza (long since gone) in Shereveport,LA AAHHH the good old days!....Mark

Nice LOOOOONG legs! (I need a bigger ladder to get under my hood! B)

Thats a cool Pic... the good ol days. to bad I was born a little to late to live them... However When I remmber when I first started driving. You pulled into a truck stop fueled up without paying first, sometimes a guy would come out to handel the hoses for you while I checked the oil and cleand windows. when you were done you pulled up or parked and then went in to pay.

now you have to go inside 3 times. and wait behind the same 3 drivers each time.

1 go in to pay

2 go back in to turn the pump on after it shuts off because you needed more and they cant hold your card

3 go back in to get your recipt.

what normaly took 10 mins now takes 1/2 hour