Mouser Ii: No More:

Rob

One of my shop cats, (Mouser II) decided to check out the hi-way last evening. This surprised me as fast as he and his brother, (Mouser I) would skedaddle when I'd start a car or truck in the shop.

He didn't win, and this is another case of "Curiosity Killed the Cat".

I'll bury him tonight with the skid steer.

Truly a sad day in "Paradise" as I really liked this cat.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,

Sorry to hear about mouser II, maybe he had cleaned up all the mice around the shop and had to expand his territory, and was used to trucks moving around the shop, not cars at highway speed. It always makes me wonder why they run on the road when they have so many other places to go in place like you live, and how the city cats, which don't have any place to roam live on for years with cars and trucks moving around them all day long. I did have one cat that learned to look both ways before crossing, but he was the only one of about 5 that had died on the road- same way as mouser II- chasing something and got caught in the road at the wrong time.

Firemack

Rob,

Sorry to hear about mouser II, maybe he had cleaned up all the mice around the shop and had to expand his territory, and was used to trucks moving around the shop, not cars at highway speed. It always makes me wonder why they run on the road when they have so many other places to go in place like you live, and how the city cats, which don't have any place to roam live on for years with cars and trucks moving around them all day long. I did have one cat that learned to look both ways before crossing, but he was the only one of about 5 that had died on the road- same way as mouser II- chasing something and got caught in the road at the wrong time.

Firemack

Saddest part was my daughter actually "found" him and called me in tears, (I always HATE that). I've not seen a single live mouse around the shop this past winter and usually they are plentiful. Typically I don't like cats around the shop as they won't stay off of anything including customer's cars.

Now that spring has arisen I'll prolly find a loving home for "Mouser I". A couple folks have expressed an interest in him.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.