Aussie Mack Fire Truck 1942

kingswood

dear mack truck fans and fellow horse power hero's! speaking from melbourne australia i have a aquired a closed cab 1942 mack fire truck , its seems i have no info in australia available - can some one please send me some spec on my petrol motor it seems it has 2 x distibutors . also

i believe the pump works , but i do not want to do the wrong thi ng , anybody interested in helping me aquire some infomation for this year of truck pump type and engine specs!?

Waxman,

Welcome to BMT. There are quite a few friends from down under on the BMT already, so they should be able to to help you with local suppliers for parts etc. The first thing is to identify your truck, so can check on the cab doors, right side seat support and on the right side frame above the right front spring hanger for the trucks serial number. You most likely have a E model or L model Mack, with a Hale pump. The E series used 2 types of engines, Type 19-45 used Continental engines- types 50-80 used Mack engines. The serial number is typically starts with the model number (for example 19) and S and the serial number so the first model 19 would be 19S1001. On the L model it was similar with model number (85 for example) LS and serial number so for the first model 85, would be 85LS1001. Once you havwe that info you can request the build sheet info and orginal owenr from the mack Museum here in Pennsylvania (inlcude a donation) They will then be able to provide all of the original information about your truck.

Also take pictures and post them here, and we should be able to help you identify it.

Good Luck

Firemack

Waxman,

Welcome to BMT. There are quite a few friends from down under on the BMT already, so they should be able to to help you with local suppliers for parts etc. The first thing is to identify your truck, so can check on the cab doors, right side seat support and on the right side frame above the right front spring hanger for the trucks serial number. You most likely have a E model or L model Mack, with a Hale pump. The E series used 2 types of engines, Type 19-45 used Continental engines- types 50-80 used Mack engines. The serial number is typically starts with the model number (for example 19) and S and the serial number so the first model 19 would be 19S1001. On the L model it was similar with model number (85 for example) LS and serial number so for the first model 85, would be 85LS1001. Once you havwe that info you can request the build sheet info and orginal owenr from the mack Museum here in Pennsylvania (inlcude a donation) They will then be able to provide all of the original information about your truck.

Also take pictures and post them here, and we should be able to help you identify it.

Good Luck

Firemack

Hey down under, FIREMACK gave you all the correct info about the mack models, Also their are 2 great books by harvey eckart ,Mack fire trucks 1911 -2005, and MACK model L fire trucks ,lots of photo's & info. try amazon.com for the books. I have a 54 L (last of 15 produced). their where lots of mack fire trucks sold to fire companies in PA.,N.J.AND N.Y.in the day. and as FIREMACK said contact the MACK museum in Allentown, PA

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget to check in with the keeper of the Mack 'ownership' log. I think it's andy from Oz, down under. He has a posting at the start of the forums.

I have a 1945 type 45 pump up here near Boston, MA. Closed cab, 6-volt, with a Continental EN-330 6-cylinder gasoline engine, 4 speed tranny. It's sitting in the barn in storage, collecting dust. Firemack has the info. I still can't locate my number on the right side of the frame yet. The previous owner night have removed it along with all the other numbers that could be used to find parts.

Anyways, post up some pictures when you have them.

• 3 months later...

Don't forget to check in with the keeper of the Mack 'ownership' log. I think it's andy from Oz, down under. He has a posting at the start of the forums.

I have a 1945 type 45 pump up here near Boston, MA. Closed cab, 6-volt, with a Continental EN-330 6-cylinder gasoline engine, 4 speed tranny. It's sitting in the barn in storage, collecting dust. Firemack has the info. I still can't locate my number on the right side of the frame yet. The previous owner night have removed it along with all the other numbers that could be used to find parts.

Anyways, post up some pictures when you have them.

The number should be engraved on the drivers side of the engine block itself. i saw mine the other day...it will look like 45 s ----

sean