Etech Ecm

Ahubbard

Hey guys, I have a 99 etech 350, and I am looking to get more power, I was looking at a junked 400 and was wondering if the ecm could be switched in a sort of plug and play manner. I am guessing probably not, that mack would have to reflash a ecm that was put on my truck, but I figured that I would throw it on here, I know there are some good mack mechanics watching! Any input would be appreciated, also was looking for an opinion on the boxed from illinois dyno, and similar, dont want to put anything on my truck thats going to cause a problem... Thanks, Andy

Hey guys, I have a 99 etech 350, and I am looking to get more power, I was looking at a junked 400 and was wondering if the ecm could be switched in a sort of plug and play manner. I am guessing probably not, that mack would have to reflash a ecm that was put on my truck, but I figured that I would throw it on here, I know there are some good mack mechanics watching! Any input would be appreciated, also was looking for an opinion on the boxed from illinois dyno, and similar, dont want to put anything on my truck thats going to cause a problem... Thanks, Andy

You can have your Mack dealer bump your 350 to a 400 with just a download/HP conversion. The only hard parts to install would be the larger vibration damper if needed. We do lots of the 350 to 400 conversions. The cost of the download used to be free but here latley Mack (Volvo) has been charging the dealer $300-500 plus Dealer labor time and vibration damper if needed. To get to the 427-460HP range you need turbo and injector change plus pull the cam and install off set key-way to retard the timing to prevent overheating ( must been done in the RD due to small radiator, we have tried before without key-way change, big mistake) I was thinking the last ones we did totalled a little under $6000 all parts and labor. You could get some larger aftermarket injectors to bump it up alittle. www.rochesterfuel.com used to list some stage 2 and 3 injectors for ETECH's but I see they are gone from their website.

Thanks, Mackpro, I will have to get ahold of my Mack dealer to get a quote. I just installed reman injectors so it looks like I probably limited myself to 400HP. But that is ok. In my motor book, It lists the rated hp and torque for the different motors. I see that the EM7-300 has more torque than my 350 shows, (dont have the book handy right now) and the torque rise percent is bigger. Would a truck set with that number have better pulling power? That question might sound funny, but I am assuming that the torque number is where I get my hill pulling ability. I was under the impression going to 400hp settings would be best, but the torque rise percent is less on those specs... maybe i am confused at how that is calculated, wonder if you could set me straight. Thanks, I definatley appreciate it. Andy

oh yeah and what does the M mean in EM7 is it maxidyne?

• 4 months later...