Pump And Nozzels In Shop:

Rob

Yesterday I sent over a brand new, (NOS) 8VBB series pump and eight injectors to the fuel shop. I've had the pump many years and it never has been installed onto an engine. Seems like it was calibrated for the 1975 model year ENDT865 engine, yet I'm uncertain about the year. I sent a note of the stampings, and a photo of the 1974 ENDT866B engine pump tag to recalibrate this new pump to. Hoping this runs out alright when done. I plan to replace the system on the RL with this new stuff in the next "go round" when playing with this truck. The engine doesn't quite idle as smooth as it should although it pulls like a mad mule when on the fuel. I'll then send these original parts over and have them gone through. I'm thinking it's fuel related as the compression is very close in all cylinders.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.