New To Bmt Saying Hello

Supertrucker

Hey everyone, just joined today and glad to be here. I kinda glanced at all the picture galleries and glad to see so many sweet looking Macks. Just a little about myself. I'm from a small town in Northern Minnesota and grew up around Macks. Grandpa started our construction company and Dad and his brother took it over when I was about 2 or 3. We started with a 1971 R-600 and had various R models throughout the year and we've added to the fleet with CH's and just recently a Vision. Before Dad got into his Macks he was an over the road trucker driving an old White Freightliner and a Peterbilt. He always swore that there was nothing tougher than a Mack and he's proven it. Those two old trucks were soon sold off when I was born as he wanted to stay home to raise his family. They were quickly replaced with two 1980 RS dumps, one of which we still have and still use. His drivers pull belly dumps and side dumps, hauling aggregate products in our home area.

I just got my CDL two summers ago and worked for another company who also ran Macks. I have driven many different brands in that short period of time and none compare to a good ol Mack. I spent last summer in a 1996 CH pulling a tri axle belly dump and a 34ft. tri axle end dump. It had a 327 Mack engine with a Mack 9. It was a little underpowered, but had that low end grunt that Macks are known for.

About 11 years ago, Dad wanted a project and we drove up north to pick up a 1957 B-61 he had heard about. The truck ran great and drove just the same. We drove it home and disassembled it and that is how it sits as of right now. We just have not had the space or the time to work on it as I am still in college and he has since been busier in the summer. So this is a long intro, but I love talking about trucking and personal stories and experiences. Thanks

Mack- Built Tough to Ride Rough!

Driver and operator for Bertils Gravel and Excavation