E-7 460 Fuel Line Replacement

TMK

Had to change the camshaft on our E-7 460 due to wear on a couple of lobes . The unit pumps were removed to allow removal of the camshaft .

My understanding was that when the fuel lines are removed they are to be replaced with NEW lines and the old ones discarded .The shop foreman tells me that the old lines can be reused yet another Mack dealer in Edmonton told me that the lines are to be one time use only due to the 20,000 psi that the fuel system runs at .

After bringing our truck home I found fuel sweating on the 4 lines that were reused and the 2 new ones installed have no issues .

What is your opinion and what is the correct procedure in this situation ? I think I'll be arguing this issue for sometime with the dealership that done the work and hopefully get this fixed properly. Thanks .

Had to change the camshaft on our E-7 460 due to wear on a couple of lobes . The unit pumps were removed to allow removal of the camshaft .

My understanding was that when the fuel lines are removed they are to be replaced with NEW lines and the old ones discarded .The shop foreman tells me that the old lines can be reused yet another Mack dealer in Edmonton told me that the lines are to be one time use only due to the 20,000 psi that the fuel system runs at .

After bringing our truck home I found fuel sweating on the 4 lines that were reused and the 2 new ones installed have no issues .

What is your opinion and what is the correct procedure in this situation ? I think I'll be arguing this issue for sometime with the dealership that done the work and hopefully get this fixed properly. Thanks .

If Your engine is an EGR engine By all means replace the lines! Its actually the law in Mack land! You can sumtimes get away with it But Its not worth the chance .