E9 Engine Brake

besgreen

my engine brake works intermittently whether the engine is cold or at operating temp., sometimes does not work at all. then all of a sudden it will start working. there is power at the solenoids......??? anyone have any thoughts on this?

got a v pump? if so back of the pump in the bowl their is a copper contact probably stuffed.

got a v pump? if so back of the pump in the bowl their is a copper contact probably stuffed.

The most common failure on these is the fuel pump switch or the above mentioned tab on older models! On The switch style one the cable is ussually what causes the problem

You may have to add and extra spring to the lever.

my engine brake works intermittently whether the engine is cold or at operating temp., sometimes does not work at all. then all of a sudden it will start working. there is power at the solenoids......??? anyone have any thoughts on this?

I had one that did the same as you,,,,But

mine was a short at the head (that brass rubber terminal that sends power to the rocker) Was shorting and popping the relay going down the road,,,,but never when your at the shop with a test light.

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Thanks everyone for the replies. I believe I have figured it out, thanks to your input. It seems to have been the switch on the throttle linkage, cuts in & out when I tap on it. I'm replacing it & hopefully that will be the end of it. Thanks again & MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!

Red Dog